Steve here again to talk about Opening Day (Part 2). Here are some things I noticed and some questions that came up today. Be sure to chime in and get involved and let me know if you agree with me or not!
1. The Mets did a fantastic job with the Gary Carter ceremony and so did their sell out crowd
2. Pitching is the name of the game through the first 2 days of the season
3. Verlander was pulled after 8 in favor of Valverde (49 for 49 in saves last season) only to get a no decision after a Valverde blown save
4. The Blue Jays and Indians have got to be saying “are you kidding me” after playing the longest game in Opening Day history
5. Justin Verlander and Roy Halladay are good pitchers
6. Is Johan Santana back to the Santana of old?
7. Clayton Kershaw tried to be the professional he is and pitch with a stomach flu – fail
8. The Marlins are averaging .5 runs a game this year
9. Eric Bedard is trying to get back to what he was SUPPOSED to be – think he will get there?
10. The Padres really have no hope
11. Magic Johnson now has a man crush on one Matthew Kemp
12. Jose Bautista and Matt Kemp are on pace for 162 home-runs
13. Hunter Pence went 0-4 with a strikeout today and annoying his fantasy baseball GM (Me)
14. Stephen Strasburg dominated the Cubs and looks like he is ready to roll
15. We have another set of Opening Day games tomorrow! We need to call it Opening Week!