Help us add to this list!
* Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.
* TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.
* Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team lose to more teams.
* George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays. He also died.
* Halley’s Comet passed Earth… twice.
* Harry Caray was born… and died. Incredible, but true.
* The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
* The Chicago White Sox became the only “second” team for a city to outdo its primary team.
* Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
* Sixteen US presidents were elected.
* There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.
* Prohibition was created, and repealed.
* The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion picture.
* Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
* Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team’s future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.
* A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.
* Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.
* Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in style.
* The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.
* The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games and have lost the majority of them.
* Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the Union.